Thursday 1 March 2012

Dear every relative, friend and admirer of Anita Kornfeld,

My last post on this site was on December 14, 2007 following Mama's successful fight against a horrendous cancer. Unfortunately, and with great sadness, I am reviving this blogsite. As you know, Anita has suffered a stroke this week. With many, many thanks to Anita and John's fantastic neighbor and friend, Kelley Judd, the following is the latest update on her condition, as of today, Thursday, March 1, 2012:

From: Kelley Judd
Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:07 PM

Subject: Anita update

I dropped by the hospital and saw Anita and John.

She was much improved. I held her hand and she recognized me and gave my hand a squeeze. Her right side was damaged so she can’t smile ear to ear, but her eyes were bright, her skin had color and she was in good spirits. I told a joke and she chuckled. John told me the nurses said if she continues to improve, she could be moved out of ICU in a day or two. Yesterday, after they administered the anti-coagulant, there was some “leaking of blood into the brain.” The doctors were considering operating but have decided they don’t need to do that now.

The doctors really do not know much right now. It will take time to straighten it out and to see how much damage was done. After things are sorted out, the appropriate course can be determined. Until then, we just have to be patient.

Marcia is coming in from SF tomorrow afternoon, John will pick her up at PS Airport. I offered but he insisted. I believe it will be good for him to take a break from the hospital room. Marcia will be here two days. Melissa is coming in from Spain on Sunday, she will stay a while.

John seems to be OK, he is being very positive. He has some spaghetti at home so he doesn’t need food just yet. I will keep all apprised so we can rotate taking casseroles and what not over for him when he needs it. I am helping to take care of Tristan. He gets along very well with my dogs so that is good.

I have passed along everyone’s thoughts and wishes, they both appreciated hearing that.

Kelley Judd


I will be arriving in Palm Desert this coming Sunday March 4th. I will try to update this blogsite daily, although I can't commit to a specific time of day nor that it will happen every day, but I will do my best. By all means, please feel free to leave your messages and thoughts as a comment and I will convey these to Mother.

Thank you to everyone for your continuing concern and support,

Melissa




No comments: