Friday 13 July 2007

Post #44: Slightly better, but basically the same

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I was unable to get to a computer so I'm glad to be able to give you an update today. I talked with Anita and John this morning. They were in the process of leaving to take her for her weekly blood testing as well as hopefully to go to the oncologist's office this afternoon so that she can get a shot. I am not sure what "the shot" contains but it is something that should help her immune system. I asked John to find out exactly what drug(s)the shot consists of and I will report that when I find out.

The good news is that her nausea has abated somewhat. However, the extreme shortness of breath has continued and she feels woozy and dizzy when she gets up. The oncologist has advised her to stay in bed resting as much as possible. I asked her if she is feeling worse or about the same as she did after her first chemo treatment. She told me that she feels worse. In a way, that is not surprising given that she received the Rituxan on top of a heavy-duty chemo dosage.

So it is a waiting game at the moment. I think that she will follow the same progression as she did after the first treatment, that the symptoms will gradually lessen and that she will start feeling better, more slowly than the first time, but steadily.

Tomorrow will be a busy one for me as I will be flying home. I am hoping to post something tomorrow morning before I leave. My next update after that will be on Sunday the 15th.

Keep thinking healthy thoughts and wishes!

Melissa

3 comments:

regina&dan said...

Melissa Thank You So Very Much for All of Your Time and Support helping Anita get back on the road to well recovery! Your a fantastic Daughter!!! Every Mother, should be so Blessed To have such a Wonderful and Loving & Kind Daughter !!! Your daily message's sure have helped those of Us, Who care and worry about the well-being of Anita. Anita is a Fighter! She will beat her cancer !!!

We All have Angels guiding Us...
They look after Us. They Heal Us,
touch Us, comfort Us with warm hands...What will bring their help?
Asking. Giving thanks.
---Sophy Burnham

Prayers and Hug's & Well-Wishes
Save Travels Melissa :)

Love,
Regina & Danny
Please, Let Anita know, she is in our Hearts & Prayers

regina&dan said...

Meant to write,
Safe Travels,
oops

Anonymous said...

Melissa, have a safe trip and give your husband a great hug from me and thank him for giving you up for such a long time.
Anita, Keep up the good fight. You know you'll get better.
Love, Fritzie